Saturday 6 December 2014

Sometimes We Need Help to Cry

My husband emailed me this link today.   An article where Pink and Dallas Green talk about their collaboration 'You + Me'.  (letting it play on YouTube as I write.)  I've always had good respect for Pink.  She has the real vocal, also is gutsy and her own person from what I can see from way over here.

Pink refers to Lauryn Hill (love LH's vocals so much. Does she really have six kids and what? Tax evasion?) Pink has such positive affirmations for others.  LOVE this on any given day.  But today as I went back to look up the Sister Act references Pink makes, I find myself moved to tears as music can do.  Sometimes we need help to cry.  A settling and soothing of pain.  Hope in healing.  Tears that let you know how far you've come.

When songs say so much more than one could.  I'm grateful, yes, joyful this Christmas for all the soul cleansing reasons.  We are a complicated people and although the happenstance to the hurt and pain and the sin that causes it is not simple. The solution is also not simple, to come as a baby and wait patiently for a full and perfect answer.  I celebrate His patience and perfect plan.  When our hearts have been crushed, finding a reason to take the risk to let it unfold again is the miracle worth embracing.

I love this season.  The sound of redemption.

Joyful, Joyful - Sister Act 2  Words: Henry J. van Dyke, 1907 


Oh Happy Day - Sister Act 2  written by Edwin Hawkins / Pierce Nye



No comments:

Post a Comment