Friday 8 February 2013

Designated Seating

My world bottom left comp.
Gee felt so good to sit in a spot with my shape.
This time last night I was sitting in my 'designated' seating in the booth with the techies. Who knew that working for a church would afford me these skillz!  My software froze up only once and I was cool. So cool. So assured that it would come back in time for the next image change.  (Not that panicing over the fact that major sponsors had videos to be shown that depended solely on my computer.)  I had said a prayer over my sweet red laptop just before we went live.  Sound tech Tennyson is my witness.  And - because I knew that my SwHt had made sure we had a backup comp in the wings.  Would not do it any other way people! The longest three minutes of the evening and only the producer, sitting beside me, knew the close call.  She said she spent those minutes refusing to look. I think her strategy helped!

The lineup was inspiring. Listened in on 8 #standapart marketing leaders. Mini sermons on how to do life well.  Peter Reek at SmartSavvy rocked it.  Such an exemplary leader in action himself.  I'm pumped and I was just a support techie cuing up the screens and doing my job.  Good news and Hope land well on us all.  Felt part of a great team looking out for each other bringing their best.

Just a few quotes posted on SmartSavvy's site to show you what they concur... 

The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” - Jay Pritchett, Modern Family
 
I want people around me who can do the impossible.” - Elizabeth Arden
 
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” - Dr. Seuss
 
O yes... and they have just launched a mentoring element to their services.  Check it out on smartsavvy..me.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment