Tuesday 29 January 2013

What I Value



Fresh new flannel ready for my machine.
I dearly hope I have met the sewing quality standard
to be allowed to sew more!
A couple of weeks ago I was made aware of a group of women that meet at a church near me who put together baby layettes to send to other countries.  I phoned and asked if I could contribute from home and the resounding answer was 'YES'!  The package was dropped off at the church info desk a week ago Sunday and after working all week I set my Saturday aside to do something other than make a bit of an income.  More satisfying than you know.  I was given six little kimono shirts already cut and waiting to be stitched together.  As my machine worked its way around the edges, stitiching each little shirt together I realized that somewhere in this big world, some day in the near future, there will be a small, breathing, warm, heart-beating body that this shirt will be wrapped around like a hug freeing a mommy & daddy to save their pennies for other important things.  Although I've always had enough above and beyond taking care of my needs to give financially, this is what Jesus does for me, He gives me sweet tasks and slays me with affection and a sense of value in the process. He lets me join in! I'm so grateful to Dorothy who said 'YES' to me.  Now I just have to wait and see if I have met the sewing standard so I can be trusted with more!   One can never be too sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment