Sunday 26 August 2012

MCC Quilt Auction

Last week my sister, on her way home from an epic trip with her friends to France and Amsterdam, stopped in my part of the world to spend a few days with me.  I've been travelling vicariously through her pix.  When she comes we always head East to Abbotsford to see my now 91 year-old father.  We just happened to learn that the MCC quilts that will be up for auction at the annual MCC Festival for World Relief sale Sept 7&8, were on display at the Clearbrook Public Library (on display last week only). My sis took these fabulous pix.  Mennonites are known for their quilting and I have at least three of my own mother's wonderful hand quilted blankets. Seeing these up close and personal was a real treat. The hand stitches are phenominally consistent!  I so admire the work of these women (some of whom have been my friends since childhood) AND I am proud of the cause that their raised funds will go toward as part of MCC's relief development and peace work around the world.  So many opportunities to do good.  I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment