Monday 13 August 2012

Ayden Gallery Vancouver


Had a fantastic weekend!  A dear longtime friend and I went on a day adventure to celebrate my birth.  She let me choose the destination and since I had to do some price comparing at Dressew, it seemed more fun to have a companion.  Both she and I had not been down to this end of Vancouver in a while and we dropped into a few old familiar haunts... and a few new ones.  Had lunch at the Greedy Pig.  Stopped by the Salmagundi Shop with the apothecary drawers that I remember going through as a teenager and my kids have done the same.  Could not resist stepping into Button Button and we hiked down Water St. 

Fluevog store Gastown
 Passed the gas clock in Gastown and took a peek into the amazing new Fluevog store.  Gee... those windows are a dream for a sunny day.  Can you see the sunlight on the floor indicating that almost the whole ceiling is glass??!!!  I can only imagine how mystical this space is when the rain falls.  Absolute class!  I have a pair of Fluevog Angel wing tipped boots that I bought for my birthday gift in 2000.  They are scuffed and have a few drops of paint and I consider them dear friends.  Sooo comfy. 


In the evening my SwHt and I headed out for 'The Beautiful Decay of Life' opening at Ayden Gallery in the International Village.  My daughter's work is being shown there.  So delighted when we arrived to see her three paintings front and centre when you walk into the gallery.  Quite impressive!  And they look amazing! 
 
The Beautiful Decay of Life at the Ayden Gallery Aug 10 - Sept 2, 2012
Oil on canvas, Rebekah Joy Plett

How blessed am I????!!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment