Friday 17 May 2013

Prayin' for me

Someone was praying for me today.  I felt it in my bones and between my shoulders. It was not a day of crisis or extra distress... no outstanding reason.  My task was simple.  To sew little blankets for little bodies somewhere in a country where these items will be cherished gifts that never will be repaid.  Someone was praying for me today as I chose threads, and stitches, and pressed each cover slowly with a steam iron.  No loud applause, no banner in the sky.  I just knew that Jesus walked in with a chisel in his hand, glanced my way, and smiled.  I think His asks sometimes have this resonance of peace.  Assurance that while I delight in this simple effort, He is carving out the universe with the same calmness.  Confidence in what the right thing it is to do.  Someone was praying for me today.  His presence gave assurance that though many things have been lost because of pride, of poor decisions, of politics mistaken for godly leading will never be lost on Him.  He does not need the platform. He does not need the noise.   Someone was praying for me today.  Asking on my behalf.  I don't want to leave today.





No comments:

Post a Comment