Tuesday 2 April 2013

Washing my outside house and other uplifting stuff!

This past weekend we have had heavenly weather!  I mean that the sun was shining for consecutive days!  So, in our parts, when the sun comes out you absolutely go outside!!  No ray can be wasted if possible! 

The first thing on order was cleaning up the garden and the lawn. When that day was done and the sun continued to shine into the next one as well I just knew I had to tackle washing the front of my house!!!  I have these wonderful, wonderful windows that are too high for me to get at with a ladder sooooo... I tackled them with a brush that looks similar to this. 
I don't know why I don't do it more often when I get a chance.  Gee, it felt so good to wash the spider webs and accumulated dirt away.  Just as good as therapy.  I was on a high for the rest of the day.  Not sure if it was the extra day of sun or the clean front of the house.  Either way, it worked for me.



"True Strength:
My Journey from Hercules to Mere Mortal
And How Nearly Dying Saved My Life"
I spent the evening sewing little kimono shirts for charity while listening to an audio book from my public library.  Downloading audio books for free is genius!  If you haven't checked into it you should!  The book I'm listening to now... 'True Strength" by Kevin Sorbo.  My kids used to watch the TV show Hercules when they got home from school which afforded me time to cook dinner.  My favourite bios are of people who have high quality standards and possibly, after my house washing, I'm feeling a little bit of a Herculean spirit both inside and out, plus, ... I love a man who loves his wife. 

Tidbits:  He only needs four hours of sleep a night -- really???!!  His fiancee Sam takes him to church with her.  She's got her head on straight.  She reads some of the chapters in the book as well.  I'm halfway through and already recommending it.

"Tragedies have to become comedies otherwise you will go crazy." Kevin Sorbo



 

No comments:

Post a Comment