Monday 21 May 2012

So much good

I am catching my breath.  So much good in my world is a God gift. I am finding ways to mark major events.  My girlfriend was teaching me how God uses the pop of yellow in nature to give a burst of delight and how artists use this as well.  Here's my pop of light for my life changing marker.  Yellow makes my heart sing but it has to be seen in context.  Too much yellow does not work as well on it's own either.  It needs all the other colours to bounce off of.  Just like life, needs its history to relish and embrace that yellow pop.  Here's the beginning of my yellow life marker. 



Pickle Dish Quilt
 Remember my last marker when my daughter was diagnosed with the big C (albeit - one of the lesser threatening... and here we are looking in to the eyes of her sweet baby girl Little Miss E)  So as not to forget to be thankful and remember who holds the plans.  I am making markers for my eyes to remind my heart that God is present, the pop of colour in my life.

The Colour Run

Speaking of colour.  If I were a runner (I am not) but if I were, I would participate in this!  It's a 5K and making its rounds through the US.  It was held in Seattle a couple of weekends ago.  At each K marker, you get doused with colour and at the end you are wearing the medals of your achievement!  Fun to do with friends. 



And... if you love this kind thing I hear there is a Zombie run making the rounds as well... for the K markers I can only imagine.  They are saying "A zombie infested 5K obstacle course".  The virus is spreading... run for your lives!!!!  <grin>  Toronto's is scheduled for Aug 22nd.  If it was coming to Vancouver, I'd go just to see the fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love you mom, and all your crazy fun colours. I wish I had a house full of those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete