Sunday 27 November 2011

I've always loved pickles!

Being organized is key
to making a quilt with this many
diverse pieces
In 2009 my daughter Rachel at the age of twenty-seven was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.  She was told it was the laziest of cancers.  Seeing as some of the people I dearly love have left this earth due to the grip of the big C, my mother, my sister, and my father who is still very much alive at 91 has had three separate cancer challenges, that you can understand my quest to focus my mind on something positive. 


It was in this space that I purchased a kit to make Kaffe Fassett’s Pickle Dish Quilt which is on the cover of his book Kaffe Fassett’s Quilt Romance. 

Paper piecing people.
It works like a charm!
An extrodinary diversion and although I’ve had the quilt cover completed for two years now, it wasn’t until this 10-day vacation that I felt there was time enough to focus on quilting it together. 




The Sidney Pier Hotel and Spa
where the 3rd floor allows pets!
Not too shabby a location either.  Can you see my view past the fantastic concrete pillar? 

Happy stitches!
Originally unsure how to stitch it once the fabric slipped under the needle it came as naturally as singing. 
I knew exactly what to do.  Now it hangs in my hallway.  Happy thoughts.  And my daughter?  Is expecting their first baby.  <smile>

No comments:

Post a Comment